Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
When ordering a repeat prescription please clearly state your name, date of birth or patient number and the name of the medication required. Please allow at least two, preferably three working days (not including weekends and bank holidays) for us to order your medication from the wholesaler and make up your prescription.
If you wish to collect your prescription on a Saturday please let us know when ordering.
We advise patients to allow additional time when ordering repeats at Christmas and Easter. These are particularly busy times for both the surgery and the wholesalers.
Ordering via the internet is the most accurate, secure and speedy way to order your repeat prescription.
The range of options for ordering repeat prescriptions at Freshwell Health Centre are:
- Via our website in one of two ways:
- 1) Please ask at reception for a leaflet on how to register for SystmOnline. Once you are registered, then you can click on the "SystmOnline" image at the bottom of this page to order repeat prescriptions or book doctor appointments 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- 2) You can also request medication by clicking on the "repeat prescriptions" icon on the bottom of our home page.
- By placing a slip in the jug by the reception counter or through our letter box if we are closed
- By post to Freshwell Health Centre, Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Essex, CM7 4BQ
- By email to email@example.com(Please write ‘repeat request’ in the subject line)
- By Fax to 01371 811282
Written requests are easier and safer for our dispensary staff to manage as they avoid the problems of drugs with names that are difficult to pronounce and minimise the possibility of errors. Please help our staff by using a written request rather than the phone line. Please do not phone the main surgery line to order a repeat prescription.
If a doctor prescribes a new medication during a consultation, this will be available immediately.
Collecting Repeat Prescriptions
As we are a rural practice, we are able to dispense to almost all of our patients. The dispensary is open during the following hours:
Monday 8.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 6.30pm
Tuesday 8.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 6.30pm
Wednesday 8.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 6.30pm
Thursday 8.00am – 11.00am* and 2.00pm* – 6.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 6.30pm
* The Practice is closed on the last Thursday of the month between 11 a.m. and 3pm.
Prescriptions can also be collected on a Saturday onlyif this has been pre-arranged. Please tell us when ordering the prescription that you wish to collect it on Saturday. It will then be placed behind reception for collection. Please note, there is NOT a dispenser on duty on a Saturday and queries about repeat prescriptions cannot be dealt with.
Unused medication should be disposed of carefully. If we have dispensed the medication we can dispose any unused items. Please take the medication to the Dispensary (Monday to Friday only). We are not allowed to dispose of medication dispensed by other organisations - please take these items to a pharmacy for safe disposal.
Click on the link below to access our on-line services.