Order by app
This is the safest and quickest way to order your medication as it links to your patient record. You can use your NHS Login, or your SystmOnline details
When using the App, you will get a notification to say your script is being processed. Please still allow 3-5 working days for us to process.
When ordering a repeat prescription please clearly state your name, date of birth or patient number and the name of the medication required. Please allow five working days (not including weekends and bank holidays) for us to order your medication from the wholesaler and make up your prescription
We advise patients to allow additional time when ordering repeats at Christmas and Easter. These are particularly busy times for both the surgery and the wholesalers.
Ordering via the internet is the most accurate, secure and speedy way to order your repeat prescription.
The range of options for ordering repeat prescriptions at Freshwell Health Centre are:
- By Airmid App. This is the safest and quickest way to order you medication as it links to your patients record. It is a newer version of SystmOnline. You can use the same log in details as you use for SystomOnline, or you can use your NHS Login (these are the details you use for the NHS App)
- By NHS App. You will get a notification to say your script is being processed. Please still allow 3-5 working days for us to process.
- By Online Form. Click the link at the top of the page
- By placing a slip in the jug by the reception counter or through our letter box if we are closed
- By post to Freshwell Health Centre, Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Essex, CM7 4BQ
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write ‘repeat request’ in the subject line)
Written requests are easier and safer for our dispensary staff to manage as they avoid the problems of drugs with names that are difficult to pronounce and minimise the possibility of errors. Please help our staff by using a written request rather than the phone line. Please do not phone the main surgery line to order a repeat prescription.
If a doctor prescribes a new medication during a consultation, this will be available immediately.
The Dispensary is open for medication collections from 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm. If you need to collect a prescription, please come to the dispensary counter in the waiting room where we will assist you.
Unused medication should be disposed of carefully. If we have dispensed the medication we can dispose any unused items. Please take the medication to the Dispensary during opening hours. We are not allowed to dispose of medication dispensed by other organisations - please take these items to a pharmacy for safe disposal.
Collecting Repeat Prescriptions
As we are a rural practice, we are able to dispense to almost all of our patients. The dispensary is open during the following hours:
Monday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Wednesday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Thursday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00 *
Friday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 18:00
* The Practice is closed from 1pm on one day each month for staff training. (See Opening Times for dates listed) The dispensary will not reopen on these days.
Prescription Fee Exemptions
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Single charge: £9.65
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
- 12-month PPC: £111.60
- HRT PPC: £19.30
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC Online
From 1 April 2023, a new HRT PPC has been introduced to help reduce the costs of certain Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) medicines. This is suitable if you pay charges for more than two HRT prescriptions in 12 months
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up. You can search for a Pharmacy and read more about Electronic Prescribing by clicking the links below